Contemporary mobile applications are seamless and developed to meet the demands of today’s users. While new industries and startups are gaining ground every day, bleeding edge mobile applications are designed to satisfy the needs of the customers. The apps are equipped with features that are developed and designed by skilled technicians of today with the help of pioneering technology. Due to this rapid growth of the industry, the job prospect in the app development industry is huge and is growing continuously. In this profession designers and developers can expect a very good salary at the end of the month. Also, the rapid development of the applications delivering a number of services has attracted and inspired professionals and students to learn the craft. We will discuss some of the approaches with which one can design state of the art applications for today’s industries.
It is important for the aspiring candidate to pursue a mobile app design development course even if he or she is not a computer science majors. Learning how to design mobile apps employing the best practices is important if one wants to become a good designer. The reason behind taking up the mentioned course is that these apps look great but their designs are very complex and are compatible across a large number of devices and platforms. A candidate who wants to work in the industry will have to first learn about the various platform specific app designs which will entice the visitors or users. Today’s apps are designed to captivate customers so that they are always willing to come back and designers along with developers establish designs which are fluid and are similar or even speedier than their web counterparts. Let us see as to how the designers can construct leading-edge applications for the dynamic market.
- Geometry – The design patterns for the tablet or the mobile will be possible with the help of the knowledge of geometry. Designers must understand the fundamentals of the grid system to be able to create next-generation Hence, geometry is a very important topic to study and research.
- Concepts of divisions – The concept of division consist of margins and padding which are the spacing of objects or elements on the mobile screen. The designer has to maintain proper widths and heights along with padding and margins. One must, therefore, learn the fundamentals of design before delving into the design of complex apps.
- Colour theory – Applying colours is very important in making an app great looking since the value of the colour is used to describe objective and subjective purpose. The colour of a button, for example, might be orange and if it is then the one sitting next to it or under it should be of light orange and whichever comes to sit beside it should be very light orange. This is a classic example of the mobile responsive design theory. To understand the designs fully, however, one has to pursue the mobile app design development course for the in-depth tutorials on design with the theories and practical applications.
- Brand value – Designers of today should research well on the brand on which he is working. It is best to have other references as a guide by the side while designing the app. For instance, a leather products company wants to launch an app, it is the duty of the designer to study the logo of the company along with the business. The colour and design of the app must match with the brand logo. This is basically an international principle followed by designers throughout the globe. The designer needs to apply the basic concepts of designing for the app for an immersive experience on all devices.
- Miscellaneous elements – Branding is not the only element that makes an app look impressive. The template itself needs to look contemporary and trendy. In fact, the design of an app should be updated at intervals so that customers can experience new features in the version updates.
- Screen titles – A complete app is the one which is viewer oriented and must be simple to operate for the customers. For example, the use of screen or page titles to determine on which page the viewer is on. We know that if there is a long list in a page, users face difficulties in remembering or keeping track of the page on which they are on. Suppose, if they are on a page which shows a list of cinema halls, the page must bear the title of something like Theatre List’.
- Page loadings – While a content of a page loads it is best to provide a nifty loading page animation so that customers do not get bored while browsing. This approach is targeted towards user interactivity and to cut down the monotony.
- Response times – User interactions must be followed by a feedback. For example, a user action such as swipe or tap must follow with an animation or fade in or fade out effect which acts as a feedback that a process is being executed.
- Logins or Registrations – Apps of today are disruptive in nature. This is the result of digital evolution and a designer has to take full advantage of it. For example, if a user favourites a post, make a login or registration page appear to be able to take the full advantage of the app. In this way, a designer can also bring in more visitors.
- Design guidelines – Platforms such as iOs, Android and Windows have individual design guidelines to be followed by the designer and hence one must be well aware of the guidelines. There are also many operating system specific rules that he needs to follow. These are discussed in details in a mobile app design development course.
As the markets continue to evolve with the advent of new trends and technologies, it is necessary for a designer to be updated at all times. This dynamism does not only apply to the designing field but in all fields. The correlation of one field with the other influences and impacts all the fields. An application design will definitely impact the development process and vice versa.
Proficiency and skill is a must to work in today’s industry and to gain the skills and stay updated an aspiring designer must pursue the mobile app design development course from an institution. Contemporary institutes and boot camps prepare an individual to work as app designers and developers. Therefore an interested candidate must find a good institute devoted to building great designers. We must remember that practice is an essential part of a learning process of any discipline. It is required to excel in not just app designing but in any field. There are also a lot of tutorials on the internet such as blogs and videos which a candidate can follow to learn numerous tips and tricks.