If you want to learn web designing from basics to become a professional web designer, then this is the perfect time to do so. This is because currently there is a huge demand for candidates who wish to work in this post. Day by day we see that companies are publishing web pages for news, promotions or just to sell products or services. Since at present all of us live a digital life where we surf websites, buy products and get influenced by them, companies are seeking to employ proficient designers who would be able to give shape to their dreams through the websites.
It is a natural fact that a candidate needs to take up a course related to web designing. So let us see some of the aspects of the course.
Modules taught in a web designing course
There are many parts that comprise a conventional course. We will take a look at each.
- HTML Basics
No wonder this is the heart and soul of web designing. So as a web designer there are a couple of skills that one needs to master and HTML is surely one of them.
It is necessary to have a working knowledge of coding in HTML in the first place. After that comes the CSS also called Cascading Style Sheets with which you can design the page in whichever way you want. Here the layout, typography, colours etc are taught.
- Candidates can take the help of Youtube videos and other free and commercial platforms which will give a good idea of the markup language.
- There are many websites such as Codepen, OnlineHTMLeditor etc from where you can get ample resources to practice and learn with examples. So it is best that you follow them and find more of these websites to grow your list of learning materials.
- ‘View Source’ from any browser will let you see the HTML, CSS and JS with which the site is made. By seeing these you can get an idea as to how one particular portion of a website is being made.
- CSS Basics
The workings of CSS is already been mentioned above. In CSS typography is one of the most important aspects. The better the typography, the attractive and professional looking the website becomes. In CSS basics you need to understand what typography is and how it can be implemented. After the typography section, there is the concept of web layout.
In web layout section you will learn to create the most common and widely used layouts in web design.
- When learning about CSS, it is best to use the DRY concept which stands for Don’t Repeat Yourself. It is essential to learn the rules of CSS and follow the hierarchy to quickly give shape to a basic website.
- There are several shortcuts to the syntax. You don’t have to use the same syntax over and over again. You can select child or parents quickly through CSS syntax.
- There are ample CSS selectors which are there to make your task of web designing easier. Mastering these selectors will make give your web designing career a boost.
- JQuery basics
- There are many websites and free courses that you can take to learn JQuery. An advantage of JQuery is that you can write the code for yourself or you can use snippets as discussed. At times you can also modify the snippets according to your needs.
- Taking a look at the modern websites will give you an idea of the different JQuery plugins that are used. At many times web designers write their own plugins. You must try out different plugins to try and test which one suits your website and matches the CSS that you’ve already written to style your website.
The above are some of the concepts that can be learned in more details if you take up a web designing course from an institute dedicated to teaching the fundamentals of creating websites. There are many institutes but as an aspiring candidate, you must select one which will give you hands-on training and placement assistance after the completion of the course.
We encourage you to learn web designing to boost your creativity and get employed in a career which you will love for the rest of your life. A career in web designing will also provide you with ample learning opportunities which will help you to grow. At later part of your life, you will be able to become manager of your post or a project leader where you will give consultations to your clients on how they can improve or develop their websites. We wish you a bright future ahead.